CCD 7th: P.R.A.Y.S. + angels + Yom Kippur (day 2)
Today, in our 7th grade pre-Confirmation class, we handed out journals & wrote on inside cover …
In my BAPTISM, I …
- PRAISE = God for who He is … God
- REPENT = confess + rec forgiveness + change
- ASK = for me + other (“5 finger prayer”)
- YIELD = be open to God’s voice
- SHARE = my faith with others
In my CLASS, I …
- PRAISE = encourage others
- REPENT = take responsibility for wrongs
- ASK = learn by asking questions
- YIELD = respect speaker + listen
- SHARE = contribute + respect privacy
Difference between angels + humans?
- Angels = pure spiritual beings
- Humans = body + spiritual beings
—Yom Kippur = Jewish “day of atonement”
- fast, no work, pray, make reparations for sins
- “scapegoat” takes sins of the people = Jesus
(1) Decorate Binder Cover with “ME” … on a sheet of paper, make a collage of you, your hobbies, likes, etc.
(2) do the “Doxology” prayer exercise from last week if you haven’t done it yet.