CCD 7th: Prayer sharing + A.R.R.R (day 3)
Today, in our 7th grade pre-Confirmation class, we opened with some personal journaling time while listening the the Doxology prayer sung 2 different ways.
Praise God, from whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host:
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
First, (soft) “Doxology” by Nicole Nordeman
Then (rock) “Doxology” by David Crowder Band
After prayer, we took turns sharing our decorated binder covers with a collage of “ME” … likes, interests, family, pictures, sports, hobbies, etc.
Then we took turn sharing our experiences with praying the Doxology prayer over the past couple of weeks. Some great stories!
[PRAYER] When your spending time in personal prayer with the Lord, here’s a good outline to follow . . . .
- ACKNOWLEDGE –- How’s my life right now? Pay attention to your thought + feelings + desires (“the Big 3”).
- RELATE -– Tell God about ALL “3” honestly.
- RECEIVE -– Quiet your mind, focus on God, & listen to “the Big 3.” (Discern spirits)
- RESPOND -– do what you NEED to do
—When you have something to talk to the Lord about, process your “Big 3” with this model.
(1) study 5 Catholc Prayers for written Prayer Quiz: