CCD 7th: Prayer quiz + Lies + Prayerful Heart (day 4)
Today, in our 7th grade pre-Confirmation class, we had a Prayer Quiz #1 (Lord’s Prayer, Hail Mary, Apostle’s Creed, Act of Contrition, & other)
Then we played an “get-to-know you” game called “2 Truths / 1 Lie”
We reviewed A.R.R.R.
We spoke on VIRTUES: Faith + Hope + Love
- Even demons believe in God, but don’t have LOVE (the greatest virtue)
From virtues, we discussed DISCERNING Spirits in prayer as we look at the “Big 3” (thoughts + feelings + desires)
- 3 SPIRITS: God’s Spirit — My Spirit — Evil Spirit
- if GOD … we GROW in faith + hope + love
- if EVIL … any virtue DROPS
— CHRISTIAN HEART (levels of my personhood) — I kept this a lot simpler in class (they are still 7th graders)
- BODY, (surface, 5 senses, Level 1)
- –easily affected by weather, sleep, food, tone
- MIND, (psychological, attitudes, Level 2)
- –affected by family, culture, DNA, prejudices, life experiences (Pleasure /Pain Principle)
- SPIRIT, (spiritual, the “deep Big 3”, Level 3)
- –thoughts + feelings + desires + imagination
- –the place the Holy Spirit dwells in us
- —Consolation … peace, loved, joy, hope, zeal, trust, courage, contentment, sadness for sin.
- —Desolation … anxiety, loneliness, sadness, boredom, fear, discourage, restlessness, etc.
HOMEWORK: After 3 times of personal prayer, journal a letter to God after each.