CCD 7th: Hats + 3 Birthdays + Vocations (day 5)
Today, in our 7th grade pre-Confirmation class, we discussed our unique identities, our stages in life, vocations, marriage and closed with the story of St Agatha. Lots of interaction and discussion, full of the Lord’s blessings!
—3 BIRTHDAYS … each begins a new life
- —Physical B-day … start earthly life
- —Baptism B-day … start Christian spiritual life
- —Death B-day … start our heavenly life
Who Am I? (back page of journal)
- –Birth name, Nick names, “Hats” (our roles)
- —Spiritual names? What does God call you?
- (we’ll find out as we try different prayers)
VOCATION = “a call” by God to holiness
- ”Primary” Vocation …
- –“to be a beloved child to our heavenly Father”
- “State of Life” Vocation … which one?
- —Single, Consecrated Single
- —Married (husband/father, wife/mother)
- —Religious sister or brother
- —Priesthood (clergy, deacon)
- “Service” Vocation … career, ministry, etc.
Sacrament of Marriage … purpose is …
- —Pro-create (open to children),
- —Educate (evangelize your Catholic children)
- —Holy Mate (get your spouse to heaven!)
St Agatha (3rd century virgin martyr) a beautiful young girl who consecrated herself to Jesus and resisted the advances of a nobleman. He imprisoned & tortured her (even cut off her breasts), but she stayed faithful to God. Died in prison. Feast on Feb 5. Patron of breast, nurses, (bell-makers & bakers – due to statue plater).