CCD 7th: Incarnation + Chapter 1 + God Proofs (day 6)
[story] “Father + Son + ant hill”
Incarnation = “God becoming man (flesh)”
- We bow & genuflect for the incarnation
- — in front of tabernacle or alter @ Mass
- –@ the name of Jesus in prayers
- –during Nicene Creed @ Mass
- –@ transubstantiation @ Mass
- –before receiving Communion
(p12) How do I experience God? As a parent? Loving Heavenly Father? A powerful & limitless presence? As a close friend? Jesus? my own specific way?
(p13) Aristotle’s 5 Proofs of God
- Prime Mover … nothing moves on their own
- First Cause … everything is caused by?
- Necessary Being … why do things exist?
- Ultimate beauty, goodness & truth … what standard sets good/bad, true/false, etc.
- Great Designer … mind, eyes, creation?
Blaise Pascal, 17th century French math + scientist said, “There is a God-shaped hole in the human heart that nothing else can fill.”
- finish reading textbook Chapter 1 (The Source of All Life),
- do “Pop Quiz” handout with parents,
- pray over 3 events in your life where you felt God present + journal a letter to God after each.