Catholic? Bon Jovi concert
We to the Bon Jovi concert (Circle Tour) at the (Bank Atlantic?) Sunrise Arena. Opened with one of my favorite songs, Blood on Blood. Also closed with an encore of Runaway, Wanted (Dead or Alive) and Livin on a Prayer. Show was great! Our nosebleed seats were eye level with the lighting catwalk, which may be why the audio was vocal audio was so hard to hear, but, otherwise, and great show! I think their show last time in 2008 was better even through we were behind the stage.
Their newer songs seem to be more focused on social justice. I know Bon Jovi is a big campaigner for Democrats (Gore, Kerry and Obama), but I was wondering if he’s still Catholic, especially since he sang Hallelujah solo for 5 minutes.
I found a quote from Parade magazine in 2007:
On his Catholic upbringing:
“I went to Catholic school in and out. I’m what you call a recovering Catholic. I have many major issues with the church.” — Jon Bon Jovi
I know that was 3 years ago, but I hope and pray that his search for truth brings him back home to a faithful Catholic identity. I also noticed Richie Sambora was wearing a St Benedict rosary around his neck. I hope it wasn’t just a fashion statement. I couldn’t find much about his faith background.
Another favorite Bon Jovi song is Keep the Faith.
My favorite part (usually cut off the radio version) is the part after the guitar solo (about 4 minutes) where he says:
I’ve been walking in the footsteps of society’s lies
I don’t like what I see no more
Sometimes I wish that I was blind
Sometimes I wait forever
To stand out in the rain
So no one sees me cryin’
Trying to wash away the pain
There’s things I’ve done I can’t erase
Every night we fall from grace
It’s hard with the world in yours face
Trying to hold on, trying to hold on
I'm a former Catholic seminarian (2007-09) discerning the Lord's call for my life. As I blog my discernment, I want to ask WWKD? (what would Kermit do) ... kidding aside ... "What IS the Lord doING?" and "How can I stay more aware of it everyday?" ... our journeys are too fruitful to keep to ourselves ... please share the gifts He graced you with so we can grow together growing the Kingdom, in Jesus name.
- Song about celibacy and priesthood
- Pastor Fr. Fernando Orejuela (A.I.C.) evicts Society of St. Vincent de Paul from St. Boniface Catholic Church in Pembroke Pines, FL
- Catholic wedding bells
- New Miami Archbishop Wenski!
- Catholic? Bon Jovi concert
- Happy 83rd Birthday, Holy Father!
- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen
- Catholic Cartoon Blog
- Happy Resurrection Day!
- NFP vs Contraception, 7 skits
- IPF on TV (EWTN) with Fr Gabuzda
- Vatican praises The Simpsons
- Polish Pączki Day on Fat Thursday
- Ash Wednesday POLL … take it!
- CCD 7th: God the Son (day 17)
SJVCS Seminary Life Album
July '09 -- hospital chaplains @ IPF
Easter '09 -- Miami SJVCS friends
the Son always finds a break in let the clouds
Feb '09 -- school vocation talks @ AMHS
Feb '09 -- cold breakfast with brothers (Matias, Fenly & Randy), now at SVDP and Imad (at SJVCS)
Superbowl '09 -- eating great @ SJVCS
Sept '08 -- Worklist Coordinators?
St Raphael Chapel mural @ SJVCS
Sept '08 -- retreats @ SJVCS
"It's not easy being green"
- "Grace before meals" prayer from The Big Bang Theory
- David Crowder Band - "O Praise Him" (song)
- Natural Family Planning (NFP), Catholic birth-control
- CCD hs: Confirmation Commitment Mass (with Fr Whyte) (day 6)
- Polish Pączki Day on Fat Thursday
- rapping priest, Fr Stan Fortuna
- my SJVCS bros Anthony A & Michael H
- 592,702 hits