We started a “Day of Recollection” silent retreat last night with one talk followed by a Holy Hour with Benediction, Adoration & Confession. The leader of the retreat is Fr Oscar Alonzo, a wise religious priest who teaches at Cardinal Gibbons High School (among many other things). Here are some notes I jotted down for reflection:
1. When plans change, take it as God’s providence.
2. “Through Him, with Him, and in Him …”
3. Behind every great man is a great woman.
4. Pray for a “clean heart” for the “old man.”
5. Heart is driven by (1) power of love or (2) love of power.
6. As we reflect on our vocational journey, identify WHO was an instrument of your vocation?
7. Use Scripture models: Abraham (Gen 12+), Moses (Ex 3), Isaiah (6), Jeremiah (1), and Mary (Luke 2)
I'm a former Catholic seminarian (2007-09) discerning the Lord's call for my life. As I blog my discernment, I want to ask WWKD? (what would Kermit do) ... kidding aside ... "What IS the Lord doING?" and "How can I stay more aware of it everyday?" ... our journeys are too fruitful to keep to ourselves ... please share the gifts He graced you with so we can grow together growing the Kingdom, in Jesus name.
SJVCS Seminary Life Album
July '09 -- hospital chaplains @ IPF
Easter '09 -- Miami SJVCS friends
the Son always finds a break in let the clouds
Feb '09 -- school vocation talks @ AMHS
Feb '09 -- cold breakfast with brothers (Matias, Fenly & Randy), now at SVDP and Imad (at SJVCS)
Superbowl '09 -- eating great @ SJVCS
Sept '08 -- Worklist Coordinators?
St Raphael Chapel mural @ SJVCS
Sept '08 -- retreats @ SJVCS
"It's not easy being green"
- "Grace before meals" prayer from The Big Bang Theory
- Catholic? Bon Jovi concert
- Natural Family Planning (NFP), Catholic birth-control
- Jeopardy + Charades @ CCD
- parent's love + sons of God + Bart Simpson + Flanders
- the NAC seminary in Rome
- wineskins + Homer's crayon
- poisoned Pickle burger @ Sonic
- Antonio Banderas, a Jesuit priest?
- Catholic wedding bells
- 561,559 hits